Great career opportunity in a Fortune 500 Company! State-of-the-art DevOps environment with the opportunity to learn and grow. Outstanding benefits package including full medical and wellness programs, flexible work schedules, onsite fitness center and much more. Interview and relocation expenses available for well-qualified applicants.
Understand Business Requirements; participate in Requirements Analysis; identify solutions working with Architects; design Applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy application. Comply with the department /EA application standards and general industry based Java/J2EE based application development best practices. Contribute and participate in producing high quality of design and code via reviews. Provide production support that includes evaluating defects, investigating cause and developing solutions to address defects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Java/J2EE application design and development to migrate large monolithic applications to a micro services-based architecture.
- In addition to application development, the individual will set up Docker containers to further automate existing delivery processes.
- The developer will setup Container based Development Ops function in our department, by bringing in experience of – evaluation of tools and processes, design and implementation of containerization.
Required Skills and Experience
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in Design and Development of Applications using the Java EE, JSP, XML, Weblogic 12, AJAX. Ability to independently perform the all developer duties from Analysis to deployment.
- 1-2 year of experience in Micro Services design and development.
- 1-2 years of experience in scripting to deploy micro services using container management tool Redhat OpenShift (or competing products like KuberNetes, Docker).
- Expert in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Java and UML. Produce high quality design artifacts that cover all aspects of sound architecture. Ability to review and comment on Jr Developers design.
- Experience in setup of automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using any of listed or comparable tools - Git, Maven, Ansible and Jenkins
- Strong experience in using J2EE patterns and application performance tuning
- Strong backend experience to develop Data Layer using frameworks like Hibernate, JPA etc.
- Expert in creating SQL, XQuery and Stored Procedures, performance tuning of Database queries.
- Good communication skills and team player.
MISMO experience, Mortgage experience, DB2• Experience in using Java presentation frameworks – STRUTS or similar frameworks, and JQuery• Experience in using XML persistence using XQuery
ITstaffNow is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. IT Staff Now is an Equal Opportunity Employer.